Posted: 16th January 2020 | Back to news feed
RIDE DARTMOOR WITH MARY KING MBE!
Ride Dartmoor with British Three- Day Eventer and Olympic Legend Mary King MBE and explore deepest Dartmoor from horseback.
Join Mary King MBE and ride deep into Dartmoor among the wild ponies, buzzards and cattle…
“I can’t believe I’m following Mary King,” said Catherine Watts as she cantered on open moorland behind the straight back and long legs of the legendary event rider.
Olympic eventer and Deputy Lieutenant of Devon Mary King MBE has been a wonderful supporter of Liberty Trails and the Dartmoor Derby, of which she is an Ambassador, helping to introduce riders from around the world to the world class riding on offer on Dartmoor.
We’re honoured that the eventing legend Mary King MBE hosts a very special ride each June (8 to 11 June 2020), from a five red rosette Country Hotel Resort on Dartmoor . You could spend two full days riding and talking with Mary, enjoying Liberty Trail’s usual well-paced mounted adventure with top-class suppers each evening prepared by an award winning team from local produce.
AT A GLANCE:
- THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE - Ride wild and free across 275,000 acres of unfenced country on Dartmoor and explore one of the most spectacular landscapes in the UK.
- Enjoy A FAST-PACED, EXHILARATING RIDING EXPERIENCE - Bring your own horse or hire one of ours and relish the thrill of riding at hunting pace across this stunning landscape.
- THE HEIGHT OF LUXURY - Enjoy opulent rooms, unparalleled service and indulgent spa treatments to revive, relax and restore both body and spirit.
- SUPERB STABLING - Your horse will have the care and attention of our resident yard managers in each of our exclusive stable yards in three different locations on Dartmoor.
- Two full days in the saddle exploring Dartmoor
- Three nights dinner, bed and breakfast in a Castle Room (Upgrades are available)
- Lunches in a remote beauty spot set up by your dedicated Ground Crew
- The group will comprise of a maximum of eight guests plus Mary King and Liberty Trails Host
- Horses will be provided unless you choose to bring your own
- Either one horse per person for two days or three nights’ livery for guest’s own horse
- All transfers between Exeter Airport and train station to the hotel are included
To join this special ride and combine all the fun of our usual offering with the chance to meet one of Britain’s best-loved riders and chat with her as you ride about horses, Devon and more, visit https://liberty-trails.com/ride-dartmoor-mary-king-mbe-experience/, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1822 851463 for availability.